It’s been quite a while since I’ve updated, but along with the impending New Year comes the resurgence of my blogging and other writing endeavors. Goals have been made and will be shared and the lines of communication have been reopened. I’ve missed the weekly updates as well as the conversations posts have sparked and I look forward to new discussions on writing and reading related topics, on reviews and cover reveals, and on teasers and interviews.
- Firstly, Keystrokes and Word Counts will go from being updated twice a week to once. I have to be realistic on time management the ability of appropriate topics. I’m picking Wednesday, smack dab in the middle of the week, for the posts.
- Secondly, sometime this year, hopefully sooner rather than later, I will get a dedicated author website up and running. It will link back here to the blog so followers, new and old, can keep in touch. It will be for news, book information, contests, etc.
- Third, I will finish editing and submit my newest work, Driven, in the very near future. Be on the lookout for upcoming teasers!
- Fourth, I will finish and publish at least one other work in progress this year. I’m leaning towards Errand Girl of the Undead, but Power of the Stars has been calling to me as well. We shall see who wins out. Maybe both!
- Fifth, read more! I’ve definitely been in a slump when it comes to reading lately. Things just don’t seem to be catching my attention. I think, perhaps, it has more to do with what’s being going on in my personal life.
- Sixth, attend a convention or two and/or readings and signings. I really need to get back out there and get involved in workshops and conventions. Writing may not be paying the bills right now, but when people ask, I want to be able to say I’m an author and these are the things I do.
I think these are all completely obtainable goals and great things to work towards. I hope you guys will help hold me accountable!
What are your writing/reading related goals for the new year?